- First, do no harm - use the least invasive measures that do the least amount of harm to the body. Appropriate referrals are made when more urgent medical treatment is necessary.
- Treat the whole person - integrated medical care recognizes each patient requires treatment tailored to them -- what works for one person may not work as well for another. Naturopathic medicine involves all aspects of health, including physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Education - doctor as teacher - doctor, docere, means to teach. Dr Lantz works to give you education around every treatment used. If you have any questions, please ask.
- Identify and treat the cause - symptoms are the body’s reaction to illness/infection or attempts at healing. Instead of prescribing treatment to remove or mask a given symptom, treatment plans aim to treat and remove the cause of disease.
- The healing power of nature - Our bodies have an innate ability to heal. Naturopathic medical care seeks to support the healing ability of the body, to correct dysfunction and remove obstacles to your ability heal.
- Prevention - treatment aims to prevent chronic illness and disease by supporting overall health and wellness.