Our Physiotherapists are constantly updating their skills through continuing education courses in order to provide the best possible treatment for their clients. Our goal is to achieve patient independence through excellence in education, manual therapy and exercise.
Physiotherapists can help:
- prevent and treat sports injuries
- restore and increase range of motion of joints
- increase coordination
- design ‘user-friendly’ or ergonomically correct homes or workplaces
- educate clients in the use of devices such as canes, crutches and wheelchairs
- help injured individuals return to work successfully through ‘work hardening’ programs
- alleviate pain
Our physiotherapists often use manual therapy in their treatment plans. Manual therapy is a process of rehabilitation that uses a variety of “hands-on” treatments to restore normal function and mobility after disease or injury. Manual therapy techniques include joint mobilization, soft tissue techniques, acupuncture, dry needling, stretching, exercising and education.